Things I don't understand:
1. Name brand high end items like Coach or Gucci.. Do you know how many books I could buy for the price of one Coach bag??? The Coach bag will some day end up discarded and forgotten. The knowledge and entertainment I gain from reading stays with me forever (and I'm not talking Danielle Steele or that Fifty Shades of Grey garbage). I proudly carry the bag I bought at Claire's, and yes, it always has a book tucked away inside for emergencies. Currently it's The Dressmaker of Khair Khana.
2. People who value material items over experiences and knowledge. Guess this really goes back to item number 1, huh?
3. People who have become so locked into their own little world of negativity and bitching that they wouldn't be able to see the silver lining if you shoved it up their ass in a dark alley during a full moon. Sliver linings have an ethereal glow, don't you know.
4.People who ONLY see things as ALL positive- think Pangloss in Candide: "All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds." No, it's not. Optimism carried to the extreme bugs the crap out of me and makes me want to bang my head against a cement wall. Or better yet, bang the heads of the eternal optimists against a cement wall. There's such a thing as too much silver lining...
REFLECTION ON ITEMS 3 AND 4:
I am a realist and know that "shit happens" sometimes, but life is never all bad or good. It's a fine mixture and each of us, if we stay in this earth long enough, end up taking turns at being the fire hydrant or the dog.. and life ain't fair.
6. Pretty, intelligent women who think they have to pay dumb and clueless. I can't dwell on this subject too deeply because I will end up banging my head against a cement wall if I do.
7. Why people would even consider eating fried chicken livers and gizzards, chitlins, pickled pig's feet, caviar, and feta cheese. I think my deep thought process just hit that cement wall.