How I Deal with Life.....

How I Deal with Life.....

Friday, June 8, 2012

Nine Weeks to Abu Dhabi.....


My new duffel bag arrived today. That will make three bags and one carry on that I am taking with me to the UAE. I will have to pay extra for the third bag, but it is difficult for me to find shoes (US ladies size 5) so almost all my shoes are making the journey, as well as things I just can’t live without: a few good DVDs; my Willow Tree Healing angel; six scarves; seven books;  fully locked and loaded kindle; camera; Emily and Edgar; Superman cap; metal spoons, knives, and forks for the month or so I'll be living  in an Abu Dhabi hotel room; and a partridge in a pear tree.. okay, everything but the partridge.



I am getting stressed about departure day.  Zero hour is sneaking up on me, and there’s not a lot of time to tie up loose ends. I have been so busy trying to help my parents navigate the Alzheimer’s world (and I don’t regret helping for one minute;  it’s my duty as a daughter and an extreme honor to give back to them just a little for all they have done for me my entire life) that I haven’t had time to pay attention to tasks still left to do like: purchase a VPN so I can access all internet sites once I am in Abu Dhabi, shovel out my study, have my teeth cleaned, get a few of my medications adjusted, and a hundred other little details..

My four-year-old granddaughter arrives this Saturday from Florida to stay until mid-July, there is a three day family reunion to attend the latter part of this month, and I would like to go away somewhere with my dear husband for a few days before I leave.  Yes, time is slipping away from me and I’ll be kissing everyone goodbye before I know it and singing slightly off key, “I’m leaving on a jet plane…..”.
 

Must calm down. Must find my Zen. Must go to my happy place..

Movies, movies, I have movies:



Emily and Edgar go where I go:


  

Just three of the seven books (real books vs electronic) that I am taking:

P. S One can NEVER read Stephen King's "On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft" too often. I have read it six times..... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment