How I Deal with Life.....

How I Deal with Life.....

Saturday, May 19, 2012

TCHS Seniors 2012


Tomorrow, the Class of 2012,  from the small school where I have been teaching for the past four years, will don cap and gowns, walk across an adorned outdoor stage, and receive their high school diplomas.  Four years ago they were all still half-children whose insecurities and fears stood out in stark contrast to the defiant glint in their eyes. They entered my classroom, took their seats, looked hopefully at me to help guide them, and I fell in love. That first year we battled, forgave, laughed, learned, cried, fought, argued, hugged, and learned some more. They are all grown up now, about to be sent into the big wide world to either fly or plummet.  In the upcoming years they will love, laugh, create children, cry, stress out, handle health issues, resolve both disappointments and successes, mourn, celebrate, question, teach, and learn.

 I wish for my former students wisdom to chose the correct paths in life. Frost wrote about the finality of life choices, “Yet knowing how way leads on to way/I doubted if I should ever come back”. Chose the correct paths, my fresh-hoped, eager brood. Go with courage. Go with honor. Go with wisdom. There is no reset or refresh button in life. Do it right the first time.



Remember, I love you all….








No comments:

Post a Comment