How I Deal with Life.....

How I Deal with Life.....

Sunday, May 6, 2012

In His Life He Loved Them All..


Fragility of life. So tender it snaps with no warning, tossing  those left behind stumbling, stunned, and dazed. The Grieving are not of this world.  They belong to a realm that exists outside the dimensions of logic, expectation, explanation, order.  Theirs is a world of certain Dali-ist surrealism. The heart knows there is a void, that something is forever gone. The eyes, the hands do not understand. They cannot process it. The eyes search for a glimpse of him, but he is no longer there. The hands devoid of that one meaningful touch, flutter like lost, starved birds.

     I see and hear her cry and the realization hits me that I didn’t know that one small body could produce such anguish, such tears.  I place my hand on her chest while she sobs and I can feel the quickening of her heart as it fights against the truth. He is gone. Where did he go? So quickly. A vibrant, promising life one second- the next second no light, no energy, just stillness. And she can’t bring him back. And we can’t comfort her or make her pain less. Each second that  ticks away takes us one second away from when we last spoke to him, hugged him, laughed with him, and one second closer to creating a life without his presence. That will the most difficult thing of all.

                      There are places I remember
                      All my life, though some have changed
                      Some forever not for better
                      Some have gone and some remain

                      All these places had their moments
                      With lovers and friends
                      I still can recall
                     Some are dead and some are living
                     In my life I've loved them all

-The Beatles

                                                   Dr. Charles (Chuck) Quinn.
                                                  October 18, 1958- May 5, 2012


2 comments:

  1. Music and humanity has lost a great person; but his spirit remains as an inspiration to all.

    ReplyDelete