How I Deal with Life.....

How I Deal with Life.....

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Their Personal Hell: An Observation

Do truly crazy (I'm talking certifiable) people just kind of silently bloom in a corner where no one will notice them, and then lash out the minute their personal reality and the rest of the world’s clash? Seriously, I had a “conversation” with one of these wackaloons today. The way this person was describing her perceptions and interpretations of events, both past and present, was so twisted and skewed from reality that it sounded like a version of Bizarro world from the Superman comics.
            I suppose people can convince themselves of anything if it soothes their minds and hearts and helps them deal with their own internal pain. I can’t help but feel sorry for these wounded souls though. They are poison to themselves and everyone who gets near them. When I identify one of them- the process is not always instantaneous- all I can do is speak my peace, back away slowly, as if backing away from a rattlesnake, and then proceed to cut that person out of my life totally and completely. 
            Self centeredness, jealousy, hurt, and pain stirred together in one person is a vicious combination. I can’t help anyone who envelops themselves in that deadly mixture. I can’t reason with a person like that.  All I can do is step away and thank the stars that I don’t have to live in his or her skin. Must be hell on earth...

No comments:

Post a Comment