How I Deal with Life.....

How I Deal with Life.....

Monday, January 16, 2012

Crazy is as Crazy Does.

I was almost asleep last night and something popped into my head. You know how that can be. This one little thing grabs ahold of you and won't let go. Mine was this:
            If you live long enough you're going to develop your own particular brand of crazy.
            Wow, where did that come from? I didn’t know, but I liked it. I told myself that I’d remember it, but then it occurred to me that a lot of good story ideas, snippets of wisdom, and solutions to ancient and modern issues have probably been lost in time due to falling-asleep-epiphanies not being written down for posterity and morning.  Late night genius has a tendency to dissipate before sunrise like Hot and Now Kripsy Kreme doughnuts bought at midnight. I know; I once solved the issue of the energy crisis before falling asleep. By morning it was gone. Just like that. Gone.
            So, last night I knew I’d never remember the above piece of wisdom, so I grabbed my Droid charging by the bed on the night table, activated the camcorder and whispered into it. Then I figured while I had it on I might as well video Dear Husband sleeping so I could convince him that he really does snore. I videoed him for an entire three minutes. It's funny as hell. If Dear Husband and I ever have a major martial disagreement that becomes too heated, I might post it to YouTube.
            So remember: If you live long enough you're going to develop your own particular brand of crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment