How I Deal with Life.....

How I Deal with Life.....

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

I Know Too Little of Life. I Know Too Much of Life.


I know too little of life. I know too much of life.

What I don’t know:
I don’t know why sometimes love doesn’t last. I don’t know where the age spots on my hands came from.  I don’t know why women wear thongs.  I don’t know what happens after we die. I don’t know why people hate. I don’t know why children have to grow up so fast.  I don’t know why people say “I understand” when they don’t. I don’t know how tornadoes form. I don’t know how to surf or ski. I don’t know how a child’s face can get dirty two minutes after it’s washed. I don’t know how the internet works. I don’t know why I sometimes cry when I’m happy. I don’t know why puppies have puppy breath. I don’t know how three quarters of my life has passed by so quickly.

What I do know:
I know that a heart can be broken. I know that a cup of hot tea can make a bad day seem not so bad. I know that a child giggling will make me giggle. I know that sneaking candy into a movie theater is an art form. I know that good dogs die far too soon and that gardenia blooms never last long enough. I know that love can change and that people can hurt others unintentionally. I know that winters can be too long and summers too short. I know that music can heal and that war can destroy. I know that sometimes the only thing I need is a hug. I know that friendship lasts forever even after one of the friends has gone. I know I cry at sad movies. I know a heart can be healed. I know that there’s a lot I don’t know.





No comments:

Post a Comment