How I Deal with Life.....

How I Deal with Life.....

Sunday, December 23, 2012

My Own Little Chirstmas Miracle

Miracles come in the smallest and most unassuming of packages. Sitting with my dad today at the V.A hospital, our hands entwined while we listened to the old gospel classic, "The Old Rugged Cross", dad suddenly focused his eyes so that his gaze met mine squarely. He seemed to study me for a moment and then he clearly and precisely said, 'I love you".  This from a man who can no longer form a coherent sentence. 
Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause.




1 comment:

  1. Teri, that is just beautiful about your moment with your dad--and you deserve it! Of course you don't know me but I'm just another follower of your blog, (thinking about teaching in the UAE), occasionally struggle with Arthur myself, and I have felt your anguish regarding your dad. Enjoy your short time with him and have a blessed Christmas!
    Sincerely,
    Suzanne in Colorado, USA

    ReplyDelete