How I Deal with Life.....

How I Deal with Life.....

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Another Lazy, Mostly Photos Entry



I am sleepy, sleepy, sleepy and can't possibly put together more than five or six.. okay maybe seven, coherent paragraphs in my present state, hence this mostly photo blog entry. 

LOOKY, LOOKY, LOOKY!!! I am now licensed to create mayhem behind the wheel of a car in two countries.


 Obtaining my UAE driver's license is the least hassle free task I have tackled in the entire two months I have been in this country. In and out in twenty minutes,and that includes the eye exam and the printing of the actual license.. And in the license photo I look angry or pissed or annoyed. I'm not. Merely shocked at the efficiency of the licensing department in the UAE. 

MEET  FRED
And I would be remiss if I didn't post my new friend's photo. His name is Fred. He doesn't say much and he doesn't seem to have any addictive behaviors or personality traits, so we should get along well.

Meet Fred: 


I Am No Threat to Martha Stewart
At one of my going away shindigs at my friend Scott's house before I left, my friends signed a shawl and gave it to me. It is one of my most treasured possessions. I wanted it displayed in a location where I could actually see it, so I pounded some nails into the concrete wall (bet my landlord will love that) and I draped the shawl behind my bed. Martha Stewart I ain't, but I do know what brings my soul and heart comfort.



De Car! De Car!
And this is a view of the outside of my little apartment building at night. The white rental car (Wannabe go cart) is mine.

Don't you just love the huge sun shade covers?  Believe me, they are not purely for decoration; they are a necessity when the temps reach 108 F plus and the sun has the power to blister skin in just a few minutes. 

The Drugs, Man OR Dave's Not Here.
And, last but not least, a photo of my Enbrel. I mean, seriously? How many people take a photo of their medication and then post said photo onto their blog? But I am so damned skippy-happy to have this blue and white box safe in my fridge that you'll just have to deal with it. Only two slight issues I have with  it: it's back to the needles because they don't sell the Sureclick injections here, and there's a bunch of Arabic written all over the box and I can't read it.





No comments:

Post a Comment